2018 Marketing Internship
Our firm is looking for undergraduate students in the Kansas City area who is majoring in Marketing, Public Relations, and Business. The ideal candidate should have good verbal and written communication skills, with some knowledge of Web and social media. PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience is a bonus, and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position.
Majors: Marketing, Advertising, Sales, Public Relations, Journalism, Business Administration
About Our Firm:
Celebrating 30 Years of Engineering Design Excellence:
At DuBois Consultants, Inc. (DCI) we are committed to improving the communities in which we serve by providing design solutions tailored to meet our client’s visions, while promoting a work environment dedicated to growth and professional development. Founded in 1988, DuBois Consultants Inc. is a CIVIL and STRUCTURAL engineering firm that specializes in site civil and structural design for treatment plants, pump stations and underground water/waste water infrastructure.
Creating a Social Enterprise within our Design Firm:
We are looking to increase our social impact to local and international communities in West Africa by ingraining pro bono engineering in the way we do business. Our firm has created a new program and innovation lab to research new products and designs to address the issues around the ever growing water crisis.
Birthed from our firm’s Health + Wellness committee, the innovation lab serves our employees for professional development, research, presentation, and as a creative free-thinking and co-working space. The program will also provide opportunities for aspiring science, engineering, business and technology students to broaden their educational experience.
Industry: Engineering, Design, Public Sector, Water Infrastructure
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to join our marketing department and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. You will have administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies. As a marketing intern, you will collaborate with our marketing and business development team in all stages of its regional marketing campaigns. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels. This internship will help you acquire marketing skills and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in marketing and should be prepared to enter any fast paced work environment.
- Research, plan and execute one marketing campaign over the period of a year under the direction and supervision of the marketing manager
- Follow up on the outcome of said campaign, and prepare a presentation going over the highlights
- Participate regularly in brainstorming sessions for the development of marketing campaigns, and take detailed notes of meetings
- Perform market analysis and research on competition
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, email, blog and web)
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of training materials
- Assist in the preparation of promotional presentations
- Help distribute marketing materials
- Assist with managing and updating company database and customer relationship management systems (CRM)
- Help organize marketing events
- Assist with content creation for all of our company social media accounts, including organizing cross-platform content strategies
- Develop new social media campaigns from the ground up, considering our clients’ needs and their specific industries
- Monitor social channels for trending news, ideas and memes, then capitalize on those trends through our social media accounts
- Perform research into our clients’ industries and provide actionable tips and advice for expanding their reach in the digital space
- Assist with capturing and analyzing social media metrics
- Assist with content creation and management for blog post through website and social media
Skills + Qualifications
- Ability to work well on a team
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Current enrollment in a related BS or Master’s degree
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative
- Flexible work schedule
- Hardworking and dedicated outlook
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
- Experience with content creation a plus, even if not professionally
- Past internships in marketing
- Portfolio of past projects/campaigns-worked on
- Familiarity with social media strategies and platforms
- Willingness to learn and be trained
Send email cover letter and resume to Nia Richardson, Director of Business Development + Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as received. Candidates selected for interview may be requested to provide references and a portfolio of writing samples and graphic designs.
Applicants are encouraged to be creative with their submittals (resume, cover letter, portfolio of works, etc.). More than one position is available and shall remain open until filled.
This is a non-paid internship with an opportunity to start or build your portfolio and expand your professional development.